The Value of Social Intelligence Reporting Platforms for Agencies
A case study on how social media reporting dashboards improve service offerings, generate new business, and increase customer loyalty.
Digital strategists, analysts, and social media managers all seek to leverage intelligence software in order to optimize production, guarantee customer satisfaction, and create expansion opportunities. In addition, it can be highly challenging to select appropriate metrics for measuring the results of campaigns. This article will outline the case study of a large Italian PR and communications agency - more specifically, their strategic differentiation of social data reports in order to increase client retention rates and customer loyalty within their existing client portfolio.
The Business Challenge
To maximize ROI on the social media insights our client was collecting, they identified a need to create differentiated dashboards and reports in order to successfully segment their insights. Our client highlighted the following business challenge:
Create differentiated social intelligence dashboards and reports to be integrated into the service offerings of the agency to thereby create expansion opportunities among prospects and pre-existing customers.
The agency used the social dashboard feature of Digimind Social to define standardized reports according to the complexity of the client’s project, the client’s budget, and the volume of conversations and KPIs tracked within each client’s individual projects.
The social intelligence reporting dashboards were differentiated into four distinct commercial offerings:
- Standard Monitoring: a service offered to the entire customer portfolio at no additional cost, concentrated on a single brand, product, or service
- 1st Level Monitoring: standard listening with additional services of social listening surrounding executive management and sector-wide issues at a small additional cost
- 2nd Level Monitoring: adds the option to track up to 5 brands or products and an alert system based on topics of interest, at a higher cost rate
- 3rd Level Monitoring: includes all previous service offerings with the addition of competitor benchmarking analysis at a premium rate
After an initial set up, the social media dashboards were automated based on client-specific KPIs in order to optimize the efforts of the social media, PR, and analytics teams.
The dashboards were complemented by social media reports published on weekly, monthly, and quarterly bases. In general, these reports analyzed the following:
- The impact of campaigns in terms of brand visibility and against competitors across different social media platforms
- Growths or declines in trending volume of conversation about issues most relevant to consumers and the reference market
- Analysis of the target market based on interests, geolocation, and profession
- Segmentation of influencers based on social clout and potential brand ambassadors
- Sentiment by theme and social platform
- The themes most commonly discussed by the target audience
The restructured reporting system saw the following results:
- All existing customers expanded to at least 1st level monitoring after trying standard monitoring
- After implementing the automated collection and analysis dashboards, the sale of the agency’s weekly social media reports largely increased
- The agency found itself more capable of successfully analyzing individual campaigns or key client-specific trends