With the digital landscape fast evolving, what are the core pillars of a successful social media strategy, and what does it take to rise above the competition in 2017?
Over 100 marketers from Google, AXA, Carousell, Mediacrop, Leica and more attended Socialise Singapore, the social media event of the year, featuring guest speaker Brendon Chase, Group Strategy Director at McCann WorldGroup Singapore.
Speaking on the state of social media and content, Brendon shared that people spend an average of 2+ hours every day on social media in APAC; 4+ hours in the Philippines and much less in Japan. While social media has created another vital touchpoint between brands and customers, marketers are competing with friends for attention on this platform in a limited amount of time.
So how can brands cut through the clutter of social media content?
- Know your brand’s mission on social: Does your brand need to be on social? How can it play a meaningful role in people’s lives?
- Map the user journey: Customise, customise, customise. APAC is not one collective of people, and brands should be aware of that. Understand the customer journey, make personas and talk to them.
- Create content that is meaningful: Meaningful content helps to build success. At the end of the day, it’s about value exchange: what’s in it for both the brand and the customer. “Always on” content creates a perpetual cycle of interest in your audience.
- Know the ad targeting capabilities: Every social media platform is a unique online environment; tailor your content to each channel.
- Don’t forget about Messenger Apps: 84% of content sharing now occurs on “dark social”, namely Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, WeChat, LINE, and more.
- Be ready and LIVE: Don’t be afraid to be epic! Being genuine and authentic will bring marketers great ROI on social.
- Experiment, measure, and evolve: Social will cross over into reality (case in point: Snapchat Spectacles); be prepared.
Marketing mavens get social on #SocialiseSG
With much insights and networking going round at Socialise Singapore, guests got posting about the night on Twitter and Instagram. Check out our favourite moments from #SocialiseSG!
By 2018, 2.44 billion people will be using social network #socialiseSG
— Bhargavi rathi (@BhargaviRathi) January 18, 2017
— Mathilda D'silva (@MathildaDsilva) January 18, 2017
Thanks to our amazing guests and guest speaker for making #SocialiseSG a night to remember! See you at the next #Socialise event – and in the meantime, do tag yourselves on our Socialise gallery.